CRAWDAD Workshop 2005
September 1st 2005, 5:30pm-9pm
This workshop has concluded. Thank you to the 33 attendees who created an enjoyable and interactive workshop, and to Ravi Jain from DoCoMo Labs USA for his excellent talk. A summary of the workshop will be published on this website in due course. Here are the slides from the workshop:
The original workshop Call for Participation is below:
Co-located with MobiCom in Cologne, Germany
CRAWDAD is the Community Resource for Archiving Wireless Data At Dartmouth, a new NSF-funded effort to build an archive with the capacity to store wireless trace data from many contributing locations, and with the staff to develop better tools for collecting, anonymizing, and analyzing this data. CRAWDAD will support the research community by providing real data about wireless network usage, including traffic and mobility patterns. Professors David Kotz and Tristan Henderson, along with new CRAWDAD staff, plan to work with the community to ensure that the archive meets community needs. A key part of that plan is to hold an annual, informal workshop at Mobicom to share CRAWDAD news and to encourage the community to help guide the CRAWDAD project. This first workshop is short, informal, and designed to be highly collaborative.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Anyone who collects or who uses traces of wireless-network activity in their research or product development. This includes people interested in measuring or analyzing wireless-network traffic, wireless-device mobility, or who build models or simulators of wireless networks.
TENTATIVE PROGRAM: (5:30pm-9pm, September 1st)
- Welcome and CRAWDAD introduction, by David Kotz and Tristan Henderson
- Invited talk by Ravi Jain, DoCoMo Labs USA
- Refreshments: ample hors d'oeuvres and beverages
- Discussion: What tools and data are needed by the community?
- Discussion: Mobility/location tracing.
- Discussion: Human-subjects Review Boards - what, and why?
- Discussion: Educational uses of data - activities, course modules.
- Further discussion optional in a nearby Biergarten.
But please pre-register so that we can order enough food.
email your name and affiliation to CRAWDAD05@cs.dartmouth.edu